First off, props to Justin Lin for bringing us yet another summer blockbuster – Fast 5. Holy shit – you really outdid yourself on this one. Wow.
Let’s start by saying that this was definitely my favorite out of the Fast & the Furious series. It was action-packed, full of cars, sexy girls and just the right amount of comedic relief.
1) As Connor (Paul Walker) dangles off the side of a train, Toretto (Vin Diesal) speeds up in his sweet ride, and not a minute too early, saves Paul’s ass before they hit the bridge and tumble thousands of feet into the river.
2) Gisele (Gal Gadot) as she rips off her sarong and slow mo’s towards Reyes. Yea, smokin’ hot. Nothing more to say.
3) Final action sequence with the high speed car chase down the streets of Rio, ripping apart sidewalks, thrashing people off the road, demolishing banks, and their nifty switch-a-roo of the bank vault was intense! It was absolutely brilliant. Left out some details so I would’ve be giving away too much.
4) Mia (Jordana Brewster) is pregnant! Seeing how that changed the dynamic of Connor and Toretto added a heart warming layer to the film that’s normally filled with testosterone.
5) Sung Kang is still alive in this one! Unfortunately, one of the team mates does die (I won’t say who) but this installment brings back Tyrese, Ludacris and many of the original characters. Plus it adds in Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) and his wild hunt for these fugitives. Between Toretto and Hobbs – it’s a muscle/abs sensory overload.
Cool music, fast cars, hot chicks and great music and filming – what’s NOT to love?!?
Check out this trailer and definitely catch it in the theaters April 29th, 2011!
I’m definitely watching it again.